I have owned this car for the last 24 years, but the world has changed. I am no longer in the right tax bracket to take this project forward.
The body is mostly straight, and I would still describe it as in running condition, although the battery struggles to turn the engine over.
225 cid slant six with worked head, Carter AFB (400 CFM) four barrel carburettor, extractors and 2.5 inch diameter exhaust system.
The original automatic transmission (a Borg-Warner 35) has been replaced with a (used) A904 Torqueflite, and the torque converter has been modified (by Dominator) to stall at roughly 3000 rpm. The shifter is on the steering column.
The differential has had the original 3.23:1 crown and pinion set replaced with 3.7:1 gears, but is otherwise the same single spinner Borg-Warner unit. The original speedo cable is still in place and works, albeit faster because of the new diff ratio.
The original 5" steel wheels have been replaced with 14 x 7" 5-slot peanut alloys. The spare wheel (in the boot floor) is still a 5" steel wheel with a sad old cross-ply tyre on it.
The original front drum brakes have been replaced with solid rotor disc brakes, as was available as an option at the time. There is a remote VH44J vacuum booster in the brake circuit to help the front discs only.
The radiator is in good condition - it is a refurbished one out of a VJ ute. there is a 16" thermo fan.
the wiring has been extensively modified to include many 3AG fuses and a few new relays for the headlights and the accessories circuit. The headlights now run H4 halogen globes.
The ignition switch has been replaced with a toggle switch and a start switch - although I still have the original (key) ignition switch which works fine.
The original instrument cluster has been replaced with an aftermarket motorcycle LCD display - the coolant temperature sender has not been plumbed in yet.
The heater is sitting in place. The core has been taken out for repairs that never happened: one of the end caps leaked.
The original bench seat (with fold-down armrest) has long gone, replaced by two CL Regal cloth bucket seats in good (RWC) condition.
The original radio (has no push buttons) is missing three out of four knobs, but it works fine. The original (paper) speaker is brittle and cracked but still works.
The upper control arm bushes and the radius rod bushes were replaced with polyurethane (Nolathane) ones in 1999.
The bonnet is rusted in a few places, but not all the way through. The bootlid has a ding where the branch of a tree hit it, but the paint is not broken. The RHR quarter had a repair decades ago and the paint has crazed in a couple of areas. The RHF guard was also repaired and the corner area inside the engine bay where the rubber stop for the bonnet goes has rusted as per the pics. The boot floor is rusted through in small holes around the fuel filler, and in the spare wheel well (see pics). There is rust bubbling through under the vinyl roof in three areas. There is surface rust under the rear parcel tray (see pic).
Edit:The car was rear ended in 1994 and the damage to the rear was repaired. The car was reversed onto a rock which dented the fuel tank in 1995. I ran into the back of an Audi in 1997 so the front bar needed to be repaired and re-chromed.
The wheel studs on the left hand side of the car have been replaced with RH thread studs.
The crash pad on top of the dash has a large crack in the middle.
I have added an image of the dash including the radio on the carpet next to a dead VG Pacer instrument cluster that was once installed in the car.