Up for sale is my 6 speed manual 1998 Porsche Carrera S. For the
enthusiast newly entering the world of air cooled Porsche cars, the
Carrera S is a relatively rare model because of it's low production
numbers in 1998 and it being the very last year of the chassis type 993
cars to roll out of the factory. To make the 993 Carrera S even more
historically significant than its 911 siblings, 1998 marks the very last
air cooled flat 6 cylinder motor 911 since 1964!
proper model designation is Carrera S but for the informative few it's
the C2S. In 1996 Porsche launched a wide bodied 911 variant called the
993 Turbo. The 993 Turbo was a twin turbo forced induction 911 which
came standard with wider rear arches, All Wheel Drive, rear spoiler, red
caliper big brakes, 18" hollow spoke aero wheels, Varioram, and a 6
speed manual. At the same time Porsche launched a non turbo charged
model called the Carrera 4S. It had all the aforementioned features just
without the twin turbos. Finally in 1997 Porsche, in a decision to
make the wide bodied cars a little more affordable, launched the Carrera
S which was the Carrera 4S without ALL WHEEL DRIVE, no big brakes and
no 18"wheels. So sometimes you'll hear people refer the Carrera S as a
'C2S'. The '2' describing to it being rear wheel drive. One little
design feature, to distinguish the S from the 4S is a rear split barn
door like grille. It is a design that other 993 owners lust after. Fast
forward to today we've come to realize from a collector's point of view
that the less equipped your 911, the more desirable. Hence the C2S is
many times priced more than the C4S.
with the history and more about the car you see before you. The car was
purchased by me via my dealer's license from Pacific Porsche in Socal
back in 8/25/2014 at 71,513miles. I purchased the car along with 3 other
Porsche cars in the area- a '93 RS America, a '97 C2S, and a '97 Turbo
S. At the time these were my bucket list cars I thought worth pursuing
because it met two criteria, one being able to say that I've had one,
the other, to show my wife that these magnificent cars will not plummet
in price compared to the newer Ferrari's or McLaren's. Well since 2014
my collection has now grown to 22 cars and I am thinking of selling off a
few, not all, to save parking space, and to focus on one holy grail
car, the F40. If there are any dealers reading this ad and have an F40
to trade let's have a conversation. For the buyer who intends to
actually drive and put miles on the car, rest assured that this C2S will
deliver. My car has always been garaged, detailed, never smoked in, and
maintained since my possession. Belts, service, spark plugs, timing,
fluids all have been brought up to current safe driving conditions along
with receipts. The motor purrs on idle, all the doors close with the
signature Porsche ping and my personal mechanic can be approached
directly for questions. Here are some pro's and con's I can describe for
you to see if this car is right for you? Be sure to click the link to
view the walk around. Sorry for the wind noise. San Francisco is like
that at 4pm... youtu.be/3iGtjhlveiY as Ebay may or may not allow videos
posted, just cut and past the url and watch.
Factory Rear seat delete. No rear seat belts. No holes to floor board. What makes this very C2S unique is that is
does not have the two fold down rear seats. In its place are 2 deep and
close-able compartments. It's fully carpeted and an option not common in
- All Leather package. When you order a
Porsche 993 it will come with leather. However All Leather Package
consists of full stitched leather dash, headliner and supple (looks ruffled)
leather comfort power seats.
- Matching numbers.
- All books, manual, tool kit, air compressor, tire jack, and factory plastic gloves still in its factory ziplock bag.
- Factory CD changer.
- All keys and remote.
- Chromed exhaust ovals. A must for any 993 Porsche.
- Split rear spoiler grille.
- Never smoked, clean car fax, no accidents, NO RUST.- All factory stickers, vin stickers, engine bay stickers, paint code stickers intact.
- Clean carfax.- 74,000miles, not a low mileage leader by far but a car you will not feel guilty driving.
- Box of spare parts with my mechanic which comes with the car.
Arena Red. I wouldn't call it a con but definitely a color with
duality. Arena red was the poster color for the 993 Turbo Launch car.
For me it's fun and elegant not boring like silver, gray or black. The
pictures attached is how the color looks. They have not been edited or
- Rear quarter panel and driver door appear to have been repainted due to someone keying it and not from an accident as the signature door close ping will demonstrate. From the paint meter all panels of the car show 4.5 to 6. The rear fender panel and door show 14.5. Thought I should mention this as you will not be able to tell as I couldn't when I purchase the car.
- Rear seat delete. If you have children and intend to put a pair of baby seats in, this is not the car for you.- Slight color wear on the left driver side bolster. See photo.
Slight color wear behind the driver door handle. Because this car is
equipped with ALL Leather Package, the door cards are also leather
wrapped. See photo.
- Right rear alloy wheel has curb rash. See photo.
- Front headlights function and the headlight covers are clear but the housing is showing its age.
- The under panel of the car is rust free and bone dry. Right rear shock appears to have a slight leak.
- Attention from other 993 owners.
Carrera S is available for viewing and PPI's welcomed. Buyer bares all
PPI costs + transport and should be performed before auction ends. A non refundable $1000 deposit is requested from the winning
bidder within 24 hours after winning bid. Non refundable deposit is also requested should buyer request for a PPI post auction. Second highest bidder wins the
car should 1st winner not come up with a deposit. There is no reserve
and I do not have a 'Buy It Now' price. You are encouraged to throw me a
number what you will pay. I will respond with a simple yes or no. Seller reserves the right to end auction at any time.