1971 Morris Californian MOKE 1275
* NO RESERVE AUCTIONfinishing this MONDAY 21.12.20 at 8.30pm* Finally decided to sell our very own SUPER RARE Californian MOKE (Export Edition)*These rare Mokes were the original Mokes which gave rise to the phrase CALIFORNIAN Moke* In December 1971 an attempt was made to target the American market with the arrival of the Export Moke.* It offered a 1275cc engine, two speed wipers, deeper section wheel arch extensions to allow the mounting of repeater side lights and larger front indicators. It was also the only 1275cc Moke to have drum brakes all round.*Herein also lies the story of the name "Californian". The story goes that in an effort to sell the Mokes elsewhere, the sales teams began to refer to these Mokes as "Californian Mokes" and the name stuck.* An item of particular interest on this Moke was the fuel tank which came from the Austin Healey Sprite / MG Midget and was fitted under the rear floor with a filler cap in the rear panel. The original tank location in the side pontoon remained empty and remained inaccessible without any side panel covers. The only access was through the conventional undertank plate that covered the conventional tank. Another feature was of course the absence of a fuel filler cap on the top of the pannier.
It was discontinued in 1973 once stocks had been exhausted.
* This rare example with its Vin Prefix (YJBAB13R)indentures it originality* Desirable Factory 1275cc Export Edition* Starts first kick and purrs beautifully ,with no rattles, noises nor smoke* New brake master cylinder ( would need bleeding service from being stored, to get them functionallyup to scratch)* New Clutch Master* Always garaged so body and paint in good condition, with solid floors and overall virtually 99% rust free
* This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a characterful classicwhich willonly appreciate
* Please note , car is sold unregistered , as is , and the novelty number plates shown will be removed are not registered nor included
* Can organise Cheapfreight Australia wide
*Inspections and test drives highly recommended prior to end of sale
* 10% immediatedepositat end of auction , balance and collection within 7 days
* Standard auction rules apply, all sales are final, non refundable and a no return policy applies
* Cars advertised may have been stored andmayrequire a service and a few bits and pieces to get them up to scratch